Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sleepover Pup Tents

Ever since we moved into our new home, Carter has been begging for a sleep over. And, my brother's family has been getting their home ready to sell all summer. So I got the great idea to help my brother and his wife out by taking their kids away for a few days, accomplishing two goals in one move-Yeah, I multitask like that. :-)
I had one niece and one nephew for two nights and on the last night we had my other brother's kids come stay over. 5 extra kids total, ages ranged from 3-11. Yeah, I'm over ambitious like that. :-)
For the most part it was fun. We saw The Croods at the dollar movie, made our own ice cream in a bag and our own pizzas, and we attempted a hike (that's a whole other story).
Mostly though, I'm excited about the pup tents Nate made for each of the kids to sleep in. We also took them outside too provide some shade the next day. I love that Nate was as  excited about the idea as I was and whipped them out like they were nothing. (PS, we found the pup tent idea on pinterest and it came from here.)
Now we just have to organize the garage so the tents can go there. The garage: our final frontier in our new home.
July 31 to August 3, 2013

1 comment:

Carlie Sue said...

You are the coolest aunt and uncle ever! Looks like so much fun!