Friday, February 6, 2015

Lime Ice Cream

My neighborhood is having a "Favorite Things" party next Friday and I'm planning to bring one of my favorite recipes, Lime Ice Cream.  I found the recipe on AllRecipes a super long time ago but I can't find it there anymore.  Thankfully, I've printed the recipe out, but still, this thing should be online for the rest of the world to know about, it is that good! And so, being the good person I am, I will post it here and make sure it gets on pinterest, because, really, I love this ice cream! It is truly one of my favorite things.

This picture is my place holder until I make the real deal this weekend.

Lime Ice Cream  
found on AllRecipes.com in 2007, from "field editor Betsy Hedeman"
(I wish I could take credit for this!)

Prep time: 20 minutes
Ready in: 20 minutes
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
2 c. milk
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup lime juice (1-2 limes)
1 1/2 tsp grated lime peel
I cup heavy whipping cream

Directions:
In a saucepan, combine milk and sugar. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture reaches 175 degrees F. Cool to room temperature. Stir in the lime juice and peel.  Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions.

Transfer frozen lime mixture to a bowl; allow to soften slightly. In a small mixing bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into softened lime mixture. Allow ice cream to firm up in your refrigerator freezer for 4 hours before serving.

Enjoy!I love to serve this with a few fresh raspberries on top, it's irresistible and so very fresh!

And, someday, I'm going to do this with the ice cream:
from: suziesweettooth.com

My mouth is watering...

No comments: